Pabian Law, LLC is a law firm representing companies and organizations across North America in visa and immigration matters with a special focus on assisting companies, seasonal businesses, and those in the sports and entertainment fields. We are located in Framingham, Massachusetts, 15 miles west of Boston and minutes from the Mass Pike and Route 9.
Pabian Law is looking for an Associate Attorney to join our great team!
We have an immediate opening for an Associate Attorney. Pabian Law seeks to hire this individual primarily (but not exclusively) to assist with the firm’s quickly growing hospitality immigration group, managing a group of five to six paralegals and directly reporting to the Attorney that currently manages the group. The Associate Attorney will draft, review, and revise legal letters, letters of support, legal memoranda, and immigration forms. Will troubleshoot and have direct contact with clients on procedures and strategy. Will provide the highest-level of customer service to clients and ensure client satisfaction at all times. Will assist on special projects as needed. Strong leadership skills, attention to detail and confidence is essential to the success of this individual.
- Juris Doctor degree from accredited U.S. law school and bar admission required
- 1-2 years of legal experience is preferred but not required
- Management experience, even outside of the legal field, is preferred
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, growing environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be organized, detail oriented, responsive and have excellent follow through skills
- Strong sense of accountability and ability to take ownership and responsibility for projects
- Ability to interact effectively with attorneys, paralegals, and support staff promoting a team atmosphere
- Must demonstrate professionalism, quality client service, and “can-do” attitude.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Janet Flagg at email@example.com. In cover letter, please include management experience, even if it was outside of the legal field. No recruiters please.
Pabian Law is looking for a Junior Paralegal to join our great team!
The Junior Paralegal is responsible for completing assignments as assigned by attorneys and paralegals. This involves drafting attorney cover letters, exhibit lists, and other supporting documentation and using templates to draft visa, green card, citizenship, and other immigration petition forms.
- Coordinate with attorneys, other immigration paralegals, and administrative staff to ensure that work is completed prior to deadlines assigned by attorney
- Continually monitor all assigned cases for “red flags” (missing, inaccurate or incomplete documentation, etc.) and report them to attorney
- Maintain an accurate status list of all open matters and continually take action to move them forward
- Review supporting documents provided by clients and ensure that they contain the required information
- Discuss deficiencies in supporting documentation provided by clients with attorney
- Edit documents provided by client (to be reviewed and approved by attorney)
- Use templates and outlines to draft Request for Evidence responses
- Draft process checklists, questionnaires, and best practice guides
- Timely follow-up with clients to ensure that cases move forward and deadlines are met
- Ensure that cases are receipted in immigration software program and continue to update software throughout life of case from initiation to approval
- Correspond with clients regarding case status and non-legal questions involving their cases (ex: what additional documents are needed/case status/etc.)
- Understand the workflows used by Pabian Law and, when necessary, suggest changes in workflows that result in increased efficiency
- Maintain an overall knowledge of Pabian Law’s protocols, best practices, and types of clients/cases
- Daily copying and scanning
- Maintain a client status list
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong writing ability
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to efficiently and correctly generate high quality work for attorney and clients
- Ability to multitask and quickly move from assignment to assignment depending on workload and deadlines
- Ability to continually manage multiple deadlines across numerous projects
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced and team oriented environment
- Good client interaction skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Janet Flagg at firstname.lastname@example.org.