Framingham, MA 01701
Salary: $21.00 to $25.00 /hour
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and a writing sample to Carly Williams, Director of Operations, at carly@pabianlaw. com
At Pabian Law, we focus on simplifying the immigration process. We pride ourselves on our commitment to successfully procure visas and green cards (U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency) for our clients while taking the time to understand our clients’ unique needs and goals.
If you are highly driven, enjoy a fast-paced work environment, and love supporting a diverse company in accomplishing great things, we want you on our team!
We have an opening for a Paralegal for our Corporate practice area. The Paralegal is responsible for completing assignments as assigned by attorneys and senior paralegals. This involves drafting attorney cover letters, exhibit lists, and other supporting documentation and using templates to draft visa, green card, citizenship, and other immigration petition forms.
- Coordinate with attorneys, other immigration paralegals, and administrative staff to ensure that work is completed prior to deadlines assigned by attorney
- Assist Senior Paralegal in managing the work flow and work product of Junior Paralegals
- Continually monitor all assigned cases for “red flags” (missing, inaccurate or incomplete documentation, etc.) and report them to the Senior Paralegal
- Maintain an accurate status list of all open matters and continually take action to move them forward
- Review supporting documents provided by clients and ensure that they contain the required information
- Identify deficiencies in supporting documentation provided by clients
- Edit documents provided by client (to be reviewed and approved by Senior Paralegal)
- Use templates and outlines to draft Request for Evidence responses
- Draft process checklists, questionnaires, and best practice guides
- Timely follow-up with clients to ensure that cases move forward and deadlines are met
- Ensure that cases are receipted in immigration software program and continue to update software throughout life of case from initiation to approval
- Correspond with clients regarding case status and non-legal questions involving their cases (ex: what additional documents are needed/case status/etc.)
- Understand the workflows used by Pabian Law and, when necessary, suggest changes in workflows that result in increased efficiency
- Maintain an overall knowledge of Pabian Law’s protocols, best practices, and types of clients/cases
- Daily copying and scanning
- Maintain a client status list
- 2 years of Employment-based immigration experience is required
- 2 years of experience with PERM green card applications is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong writing ability
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to efficiently and correctly generate high quality work for attorney and clients
- Ability to multitask and quickly move from assignment to assignment depending on workload and deadlines
- Ability to continually manage multiple deadlines across numerous projects
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced and team oriented environment
- Good client interaction skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Pabian Law was launched in 2013 with a clear goal: provide outstanding immigration legal services to companies and organizations across the United States through a responsive, friendly, and clear and understandable model. Today, we have grown to represent clients with operations in all 50 states who rely on our team to secure visas and immigration benefits for their cherished foreign national staff.
Pabian Law’s corporate immigration practice has expanded rapidly, assisting leading edge companies and organizations sponsor foreign nationals in emerging fields such as science, technology, engineering, math, hospitality, analytics and others for U.S. visas and Lawful Permanent Residency.